Using Shove with Ableton Push 2 and Cubase
- In Cubase, click Devices > Device Setup
- In the Device Setup window, click MIDI Port Setup under MIDI
- Uncheck the Visible and In ‘All MIDI Inputs’ columns for the following:
- Ableton Push 2 Live Port (Mac)
- Ableton Push 2 User Port (Mac)
- from Shove 2 (Mac)
- Ableton Push 2 (Windows)
- MIDIIN2 (Ableton Push 2) (Windows)
Configure MMC (MIDI Machine Control)
MMC allows the Play and Record buttons to work with Shove and Push 2.
- Go to Transport > Project Synchronization Setup... Then click on the Machine Control tab.
- Check the box for MMC Slave Active and choose From Shove 1 in the MMC Input dropdown menu.