Using Shove with Ableton Push 2 and Pro Tools
- In Pro Tools, go to Setup > MIDI > Input Devices. Check "From Shove 1", you can ignore "From Shove 2".
- In the Device Setup window, click MIDI Port Setup under MIDI
- Uncheck the following:
- Ableton Push 2 Live Port (Mac)
- Ableton Push 2 User Port (Mac)
- from Shove 2 (Mac)
- Ableton Push 2 (Windows)
- MIDIIN2 (Ableton Push 2) (Windows)
Configure MMC (MIDI Machine Control)
MMC allows the Play and Record buttons to work with Shove and Push 2.
- Go to Setup > Peripherals... Then click on the Machine Control tab.
- Check the box for MIDI Machine Control Remote (Slave) on the bottom and leave it at 127.